Are you so interested in what I have to say that you need it quickly? Then subscribe with your RSS reader using this link. Don't forget to post comments, questions or whatever.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Yes I can, yes I will

A couple posts ago I commented on a slight hesitation to fully throw my support behind Barack Obama. It had nothing to with the man's politics, but more to do with how he's still so much like them all and a teeny tiny fear of winability. I just read, this morning, about his stance on gay marriage. I didn't do my due diligence previously. The fact is, the primary 5 remaining candidates (Obama, Clinton, Huckabee, Romney and McCain), not one of them supports gay marriage. I find it ridiculous, but at this point in time, it's one issue I have to set aside. I'm not gay, it won't effect me, but it does effect me. He's still a xian, which is a given in US politics these days, so again, I have to suck it up.

Going around is a "music video" produced by will.i.am (or the Black Eyed Peas) created using an Obama speech. It's filled with tons of celebs throwing their voices and support behind the Big-O. I missed the speech originally - I tire of some of the political speak when it's more or less "preaching to the choir". It is very inspiring and has given me the final nudge to say:
"Iamchrismoran", aka Chris Moran of Burlington Vermont, T-Snake of Crossfade Records and Torbrand of the Shire (hehehe, LotRO reference) support and endorse Barack Obama for the office of the President of the United States of America. May the Bush taint never stain this country again. I guess now I have to think about using the bumper sticker I got this past summer when downtown with Karen. We stopped at the Obama table and I said, "I'd like to take one. I haven't made up my mind yet, but just in case, I'd like to be ready." I am ready! Yes I can, yes I will. Yes we can, yes we will.

No comments: